Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Technical Note - Email Notification Auction!

As you know, I'm new to blogging. But since I've started writing (and actually before, when I was just reading), I've wondered if there is a way to set things up to notify those who are interested whenever something new is posted.

Well, at long last, I think I've figured it out! Blogger allows me to enter 10 email addresses, which are then auto-forwarded my blog entries. For their public loyalty - and especially all of their private caring - I will "reward" all eight of my current "followers" by entering your email addresses. (Oh, except I can't figure out who one of you is...) There is nothing further you need to do, unless of course, you don't WANT to receive notices...I won't be crushed...No, really. Then you just need to let me know, and I'll make the highly sought after space available for someone else's email address.

And speaking of which - that means there are still two spaces left, and they are available to the highest bidder, errr, I mean whomever contacts me first.

I hope that I've got things right and this new techno-ability of mine will help anyone who really wants to follow along. If you are more blogger savvy than I am, please let me know if there is a way to email new posts to more than 10 people.

And now, back to our regular program....(but probably not until after Commencement next week when I'll have time to think/write more).

1 comment:

Ken said...

One way to do this is to have the notification emailed to an email account which would then automatically forward to other email accounts. This can be set up with most email programs. Let me know and I can set it up for you.

-Ken