Wednesday, October 26, 2011
I've linked to Heather's site many times before, and now I'm doing it again. She has done a wonderful job of building a online (and real life!) community of those interested in adoption. Right now, she's coordinating an Adoption Interview Project. I am planning to participate, and I hope you will too. It promises to be a great way we can all continue to learn from each other.
Note: the deadline to register is Friday, October 28th!
Friday, October 21, 2011
Judging from the frequency of my posts of late, one might guess that not much is going on and I have little to say. Au contraire! Things have been jumping over here, and there is a great deal I'd like to share!!
- D's second birthday festivities.
- All of the amazing new things he's learning and doing...and so many of the cute, sweet things he's already outgrown.
- Our boy's excellent adjustment to daycare.
- The ups and downs of a friend's recent match and placement that has got me thinking a lot about the losses and gains, disappointments and hopes inherent in adoption.
- Some really great posts on other blogs I feel anyone interested in open adoption should read.
- And perhaps most important: our reconnection with V!!
Those are just some of the things I want to write about. Alas, I continue to lack time and focus. So, I'll just throw up a few photos of our big boy enjoying a trip to the "pumpkin patch" with his beloved Grandmom.
I hope to be back soon!