Taking a page from the play book of my blogging buddy Bobby at Those Two Daddies, I'm now announcing a Baby Birth Betting Pool. Have a sense of when the little guy might show up? Got a good dose of experience with such things and willing to take an educated guess? Or just unable to resist the urge to gamble? Well, now's your chance to put it on the line!
Here's how this contest is gonna work:
- Leave a comment on this post with the date and time the baby will be born. (And if you have a reason why you're putting your chips on that number, let me know.)
- "Price is Right" rules: person who comes closest without going over wins!
- You must post before we indicate we're on the road to greet him.
- At some point, I'll announce the big winner and the amazing prize (hmmm...that's still TBD; but trust me, it won't be fabulous but it will be fun.)
- V.'s due date is Oct. 16th, but...
- Her c-section is scheduled for Oct. 6th, and...
- She and her doctor say it could be any time.
- The baby's been in position and there have been other signs of eminent labor (do the words "mucus plug" mean anything to you?) for more than a week.
- V.'s been telling us for about a week that she's experiencing contractions. But they aren't consistent.
- Our counselor has told us she can't count the number of birth mothers who thought they were going into labor weeks before they actually did. I suspect that once they feel good about the adoption plan they've made, they are eager to get it over with.
- V. told us tonight that she hasn't been feeling well. She has a cold.
- She went into labor with her first son almost two weeks after his due date.